Activities for children and young people
We support young people to get into dance, helping develop skills and confidence, and providing opportunities to perform and collaborate. We nurture and train young dancers through all stages – whether dancing for fun or looking for a career in dance. We have weekly dance classes for children and young people of all ages from 4 up. We have youth dance companies in Hereford and Worcester for 10-18 year olds, and Gifted and Talented groups for 11-14 in Tenbury and 7-12 in Worcester. They audition for new members at the start of term. As well as developing contemporary technique and choreography skills, there are lots of opportunities to perform throughout the year – in theatres and also in unusual and outdoor spaces, and to work with guest choreographers and dance artists.
How we work with schools
Dancefest offers a range of work for all Key Stages and H.E., INSET and CPD in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
- After school dance clubs – 6 or 12 week x 1 hour sessions.
- Primary Performance Projects – workshops in school over 5/6 weeks, with opportunities for CPD.
- Dancefest in Education Primary Sharing Projects
Creative dance KS1 and 2 projects – 6 x 1 hour weekly workshops creating a class dance on a curriculum linked theme leading to a sharing hosted by a local secondary school.
- KS3 choreographic projects to create a class dance in 6 x 1 hour sessions.
- Workshops for GCSE and BTEC Dance students on choreography and performance units, focusing on technique, performance skills and solo, duo or group compositions.
- We also produce regular performances including Circuit youth dance platform, hosted by schools in Herefordshire and Worcestershire and involving work by youth companies, schools, colleges and dance schools.
How much do we charge
From £1 to £6 an hour for our weekly classes. Visit our website for costs of our workshops, community performance companies and work in education.